We live in a fast paced world with all kinds of conveniences. Food taking a huge chunk of the convenience market, many foods are processed and packaged to serve. If food and nutrition are a topic of interest to you and your students, you might find this National Geographic article about Henry Heinz rather interesting.
- What concerns do you have about food?
- What do you look for when you read the labels on packaged foods?
- What are your ‘rules of thumb’ when food shopping?
The article: How Henry Heinz used ketchup to improve food safety
- Mind Map the main points of the article
- What were some of Heinz’s values?
- How did that affect his products?
- Do you think today’s food producers are concerned about the same things as Heinz?
- What can food producers learn from this story?