If you could do a job a week, which would they be?
Level: beginner, intermediate and advance
Ever feel like you want to re-invent yourself? Like even though you are an English teacher, you could have also been a baker, or a computer programmer.
In the spirit of practicality, we usually chose one job, study for it and then go do it. But in fact, very few people work in the field they study in and even fewer people are truly happy doing what they do.
That’s why I love this video by Sean Aiken. He finds the question of finding a profession so limiting and stressful, that instead of sitting in the dark and brooding about it, he challenged himself to a different job a week. 52 weeks 52 jobs.
In this post, I am referencing the trailer to the film as a discussion launch pad.
- Mind Map all the different jobs and fields you know
- If you could choose 5 jobs instead of just one, what would they be?
The Video: On Week Job Trailer
- What is Aiken’s response to finding his passion?
- What do you think it will led Aiken? What job do you see him doing?
- Why is he doing this video?
- Which jobs would you do if you could do a job a week?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of this strategy?