Even though I know how to stand up for myself, it is not my favorite thing to do. It will inevitably cause awkwardness perhaps even anger. I might be perceived and agressive or unreasonable.
Yet, we all have to deal with conflicting view points at some time or another. Perhaps some have to deal with it every day. Heck , some make a career of it.
That’s why I like this article from Thrive Global (Ariana Huffington‘s wellness publication). In it there are practical tips on how to deal with relationship conflict. The article is nicely organized, well supported and each part succinct. It makes for a great Tell Back article and probably a few anecdotes.
- How are you with conflict? Are you more a fighter or lover?
- Do you have any moments (perhaps not too personal) where you have had to stand up for yourself?
The Article: 9 Ways do Deal with Relationship Conflict
- Take each of the 9 points and pull out the main recommendation
- Are there any recommendations that you disagree with?
- Are there any that you see yourself adopting?
- Is there a pattern or something that each recommendation has in common?