Do you ever find yourself thinking “things were better in the old days…simpler, less stressful.” Well Coca-Cola knows that you are thinking this and has made a funny ‘then and now’ video depicting the changes in our daily routines.
The video is short and has no dialogue, but I think it might be fun to have students describe the actions in the video. You could even ask them to do in the past and present tenses–for an added language challenge.
- Think of your daily routine (work, transportation, what you eat, how you relax), what did we do differently 40 years ago?
- What was better in the past?
- What is better now?
The Video: Coca-Cola Advertisement Grandpa-Living a Healthy Lifestyle
- Tell Back all the actions in the advertisement.
- What are the common elements?
- What is the advertisement trying to tell us? And do you think they are right?
Let me know how it goes…