Ah success! I feel as though this topic has been done to death. Yet I cannot resist this TED talk by Richard St. John. So short, so simple, so predictable, yet so thought provoking.
St. John interviewed over 400 people, some famous, to succinctly summarize the ‘ingredients’ to success. Although the results are not necessarily surprising, I think they are worth reminding.
Of course we all have our cultural capital which is to say, depending on upbringing and background, some of us start the journey with a head start. However, in St. John’s TED talk, he looks at the more unbiased predispositions that contribute success. It is a short presentation (3 min.) and may lead to some interesting personal anecdotes.
- Tell us about some of your successes. What do you think contributed to them?
- Do a Mind Map the elements that contribute to success.
The Video: TED 8 Secrets of Success by Richard St. John
- List each point
- Do you agree with St. John?
- Do you think he forgot anything?
- Can you share a personal anecdote on one or of the elements?